Monday, May 13, 2013

WEEK OF BOOKS: Learning to Love


Due to a lot of changes in my life recently I have gotten behind on my book reviews so for the next week...possibly two...I will be catching up on my reading.


What does love look like?

That is the question that Heidi and Rolland Baker are attempting to answer in their book Learning to Love. They take you on a journey through all of the amazing things that God has done to show them His love for them and for the people that they serve and love in Mozambique. Heidi and Rolland are in Mozambique to share Christ with the people, and their love for Him and the people shine through this book. They also strive in this book to show us how Christ can move in our own lives in miraculous ways if we are willing to let Him.

I found this book to be an interesting read. As someone who has always had an interest in the field of missions, I enjoyed reading the stories of the Baker’s experiences in Mozambique. To me, they were the best part of the book. They also encompassed most of the book with a few chapters being dedicated only to those stories.

While the stories were wonderful, I found that the book didn’t really show me or teach me more about how I can love others here where I am at. It did cause me to reflect more on my relationships with Christ and others, but it lacked something…I guess what I am getting at is that for me while I loved the stories, I had trouble applying it to my life. 

Thank you to Chosen, a division of Baker Publishing Group for allowing me a chance to read and review this book.

God Bless You!
Misty

No comments:

Post a Comment