Friday, July 5, 2013

Chosen


One of the things that I have always struggled with is my self-esteem. As a child I was usually the last one chosen for teams at school. In junior high, I was the one who sat over at a desk alone when everyone else was sitting in groups. In high school, I was the loner who sat alone at lunch and was everybody’s friend yet nobody’s friend. I was the one everyone considered sweet and helpful, but not the one who was invited to parties or who my peers wanted to hang out with on the weekends. As an adult, I am still pretty much a loner.

A bit shy and awkward around others I have trouble knowing what to say when I am talking to people so I usually end up talking about myself…which isn’t a good way to build friendships.

I have never felt like I was part of the group or like I fit in anywhere…even at church.

I have never felt like I was special or like I was chosen…but the good news is that those thoughts and feelings were lies and…

I AM CHOSEN!

I am chosen by the One who sees beyond my awkwardness.

I am chosen by the One who died for my sins.

I am chosen by the King of kings.

I am chosen to be His child.

I am chosen to do His works.

I am chosen to do good things.

I may never be chosen by other people, but I was chosen by God.

And you are too! You are chosen by God to be His child and to do His works. You are chosen to do good things. You are His, and He CHOSE you.

Isn’t it great to know that even when we don’t feel loved and chosen by others that we are loved and chosen by Christ?

But you are a chosen woman, a royal priestess, a holy daughter, God’s own special possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

--1 Peter 2:9 (paraphrased)

“All glorious is the princess in her chamber, with robes interwoven with gold.
In many-colored robes she is led to the king…”
--Psalms 45:13-14a


2 comments:

  1. Stopping by to say hello from the blog hop! I love meeting other Christian bloggers! Newest follower via GFC :)

    XOXO
    Chelsea
    http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chelsea! I am following you via GFC also! BTW, those cookies looked delicious.

      Delete