Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Wanna be Loved Like That


Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame.—Song of Songs 8:6

For the past several days every time I have opened my Bible it has fallen open to the book of the Song of Solomon. As I read it, I just think I want to be loved like that. I want someone to desire me and describe me the way that Solomon describes and desire the Shulamite. I believe that every woman wants to be wanted that way. 

It is actually the original Cinderella story. She is a young woman who is made to work in the vineyards of her brothers. She comes to this marriage with nothing but herself and her love, and she is marrying the King.  He loves her enough that she is all he wants, all he sees. He is surrounded by other women, but he sees her as unique and blessed. 

When I think about that, it stirs a great desire inside me to be loved like that. Then the Lord in His way reminds me that I am His and He is mine. I am desired like that. He desires me that way. I am described that way. “All glorious is the princess within her chamber; her gown is interwoven with gold. In embroidered garments she is led to the King; her virgin companions follow her and are brought to you.” (Psalm 45:13-14) “The King is enthralled by your beauty…” (Psalm 45:11) These verses are about me. These verses are about you so just remember the next time you long to be loved like that you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment