Monday, May 28, 2012

The One Constant


In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through Him all things were made; without Him nothing was made that has been made. In Him was life, and that life was the light of me. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.—John 1:1-4

I heard it said once that it takes more faith to believe in science than it does to believe in God. I agree with that statement for many different reasons. Science is constantly changing. We are learning new things about the world around us all the time. Men make mistakes and so called scientific facts change, but Jesus Christ is constant. He never changes. As it is stated in the book of John, He is God and He was here at the beginning and He will be here at the end. 

Jesus is the one constant in my life. Some people would ask, “What about your family?” My family is great. They are supportive and love me, but even they have let me down. Jesus never has. I have let Him down, but He has never let me down. He has been there to support me and to show me His love through everything I have been through. He has supplied my needs before I ever realized that there would be a need. He shows me His love in thousands of different ways. He is there whenever I turn to Him. He is my one constant.

That is why I find it funny when people say that God needs to change. “People change so God needs to change too.” But God doesn’t need to change. He is the one who created all things. He is the one who made us. He is the One who gives us life so who else should have the right to tell us how to live our lives? He tells us clearly in the Bible how He wants us to live. He tells us how we should treat others, how we should treat ourselves, and how we should treat Him. His words have lasted since the beginning of time and they have never changed. 

Instead of telling God that He needs to change, maybe we are the ones who need to change. Maybe we need to start spending more time in His Word and listening to His voice and learning to live life the way He wants us to live it. That is my challenge for you and for me in the coming months to live my life the way that God wants me to live my life.  I am asking Him to show me one step at a time what He has in store for me. Will you join me?

Remember: He is the one constant. His word never changes. 

Amen and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment