Monday, September 24, 2012

Call Me Old-Fashioned

When I started this blog a few months ago, I didn't have a plan or a direction for it and because of that I haven't been very faithful about writing. I recently found a direction that I want to take this blog in. I love old things, old recipes, antique furniture, and basically I love how simple life seemed to be back when my grandparents and great-grandparents were children.  I have decided to head the blog in the direction of the past. I plan to share old family recipes I have found and some that aren't old family recipes. I have managed to obtain a number of old cookery books and books about homesteading, gardening, vintage crafts, herbs, cleaning, etc. As I explore how they did things in the past, I plan on sharing some of these things with you along with how I am adapting them for today. As King Solomon says several times in Ecclesiastes, there is nothing new under the sun so I am going to take sometime to share some of the old.

Tonight I am making dinner for my family. I am making  an old recipe I found for Taco Meatloaf and Ozark Pudding so tomorrow and Wednesday look for the recipes and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment