Thursday, April 18, 2013

Starting Over (Again and Again and Again)





It looks like I’m starting over all over again.

In the past few years it seems like my life has been a series of missteps and start overs, and once again I’m starting over.

But as I think about starting over this time, instead of being overcome with fear (which is my norm), I feel overcome by the possibilities.

The difference?

This time I’m relying on the Lord.

I have believed in Christ most of my life, but I haven’t always relied on Him the way that I should. Like everybody else, I fall down in most areas of my life only to have to turn around and pick myself back up again.

I finally figured out that that  is what I am doing wrong. I am picking myself back up again when I don’t have to.

I just have to look up. God is stretching out His hand and wants me to take hold and allow Him to pick me up.

I don’t have to be perfect. Honestly, I’m a perfect mess.

But Christ doesn’t say, “Come to me when you are perfect.”

Christ says, “Come to me as you are and I will make you perfect. You will become the perfect YOU!”

He has a plan for me. He has a plan for you. All we have to do is look up and embrace Him.

As we keep our focus on Him, He will make a way.


No comments:

Post a Comment