Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Limitless by Nick Vujicic

Review: Limitless by Nick Vujicic



I don’t know how many of you know the story of Nick Vujicic. Nick says that he is living proof that God can use anyone. You see, Nick was born without extremities. He has no arms or legs. Just one little foot, but he travels the world sharing God’s love with others and encouraging and empowering people.  I have read both of Nick’s first two books and they are wonderful so when I saw that he had a third book coming out I was eager to read it.

Limitless is a devotional and Nick draws on materials and stories from his previous two books. The devotionals are quick reads and are inspirational in the reading. He uses stories from his life and stories from people around the world to inspire and empower others to live the life God has planned for them.

I was a bit disappointed when I realized that this was a devotional. I am not big on devotionals in general. I have a few favorites like My Utmost for His Highest, but in general I find them a little shallow.


With that being said, I have to say that I am enjoying reading Limitless because it is full of stories meant to inspire. He gives practical advice along with Biblical encouragement. He points out that it is not what we can do ourselves, but what God does through us that is important. He encourages us that whatever we are going through God can use it to His glory. While not a book I would recommend for in-depth study, it is a great book when you need encouragement and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment