Tuesday, May 14, 2013

WEEK OF BOOKS: Echoes by Robin Jones Gunn




Echoes is the third book in the Glenbrooke series by Robin Jones Gunn. In this third book, Robin first takes us to Nashville where we meet Lauren Phillips. Lauren is one of those delightful characters who seems to be accident prone…from a bad perm to taking a flight to Fairbanks, Alaska instead of Burbank, California…Her life is a series of mishaps which in the end all turn out for the best because through one of her mishaps she begins a correspondence with KC. KC is a journalist who is currently traveling the world and who looks forward to every new email from Lauren…but when he finally gets up the nerve to ask her to meet him, will she?

I loved this book. It is another great read when you just want to relax and retreat for a little while. With each mishap Lauren got into I found myself shaking my head and thinking, “This could only happen to Lauren.” I felt like I was reading a letter from a friend who was always having crazy things happen to them. Robin Jones Gunn is a wonderful storyteller with a great sense of humor. I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next.

No comments:

Post a Comment