Saturday, June 2, 2012

How much?

How much do you love Jesus? Do you love Him enough to give up everything if that is what He asked you to do? Is your love for Him a radical life changing love or is it a comfortable love? Is your love for Him a lukewarm love or is it a fire burning in your veins?

Lately I have been studying the story of the rich man who asks Jesus what he must do to be saved. Jesus answered that He would have to sell everything he had and give it all to the poor. The rich man couldn't do it. He put too much store in earthly things. He was placing his security in the the things of this earth, but even more simply He didn't love Jesus enough to do what Jesus was asking him to do.

As I have been studying the story I have been asking myself if I could do it. Do I love Jesus enough that if He asked me to sell everything would I do it? Is my love for Him a radical life changing love or is it lukewarm and comfortable?

My challenge for today is for us to examine our hearts and be honest with ourselves. How much do we love Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment