Thursday, June 7, 2012

Missed Blessings

Some friends and I are working our way through Beth Moore's Breaking Free Bible study. As I was studying the final day's lesson for the week we are on, I read the following passage and I want to share it with you:

"Meditate on Jeremiah 29:11-13.
"I hope you noted that God is the One with the good plan! We don't have a clue where the paths we choose will ultimately lead. Walking with God in the pursuit of daily obedience is the sure means of fulfilling each of His wonderful plans. Imagine in heaven God lovingly shows you His plan for your earthly life. You see footprints walking through each day. On many of the days, two sets of footprints appear. You inquire: 'Father, are those my footprints every day, and is the second set of prints when You joined me?'
"He answers, 'No, My precious child. The consistent footprints are Mine. The second set of footprints are when you joined Me.'
"'Where were You going, Father?'
"'To the destiny I planned for you, hoping you'd follow.'
"But, Father, where are my footprints all those times.'
"'Sometimes you went back to look at old resentments and habits. Sometimes, you departed from My path and chose your own instead. Other times, your footprints can even be seen on another person's path because you like their plan better. At other times, you simply stopped because you would not let go of something you could not take with you.'
"'But even if I didn't walk with you everyday, we ended up OK, didn't we?'
"He holds you close and smiles, 'Yes, child, we ended up OK. But, you see, OK was never what I had in mind for you.'
"Father, what are those golden treasure boxes on certain days?'
"'Blessings, My child, I had for you along the way. Those that are open are those you received. Those still closed were days you did not walk with Me.'"

How many blessing have you and I missed because we stepped away from Christ's plan for us? My prayer for you today is that you join God and follow the path that He has laid out for you. I don't want you to miss out on any more of the blessings that He has in store for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment