Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chicken with Potatoes


I have not tried a lot of Greek food before. I have mainly eaten gyros at local fairs and festivals, but I found this recipe for Chicken with Potatoes in an old Kansas City Star magazine. It was submitted by Mrs. Adam Kanas. I think I fell in love with this recipe. I will definitely be making it again.

Chicken with Potatoes


4 large potatoes, julienne
3-pound chicken, cut up
¾ stick butter
Salt
Pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
½ can tomato sauce
1 ½ cups water

Flour and brown chicken quickly in butter in large skillet. Remove from pan. Sprinkle potatoes with salt, pepper, paprika, and cayenne. Sauté potatoes in the same skillet until well coated. Place potatoes in large baking pan. Place chicken over potatoes. Bring tomato sauce and water to a boil in the skillet. Add to the chicken and potatoes. Bake covered for 10 minutes. Then bake uncovered for 20 minutes or more at 375 degrees. Add small amount of water, if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment