Friday, November 16, 2012

Movie Review: Breaking Dawn, Part 2





Now I am not a film critic and I don’t get to the movies very often, but last night I had the opportunity to go and see Breaking Dawn, Part II. I have to say that I LOOOVVEEEDDDD this movie!!! J But then again I also have to admit that I am a diehard Twilight fan.  The movie closely followed the book. There were a few noticeable differences at the end of the movie, but the differences just really enhanced the story and did not detract from it in any way. The movie brings to conclusion the story of Edward and Bella and Jacob in a happily ever after type of way.

I do have to say that while I loved the movie there were a few things that did detract from it for me. The opening credits are a long and drawn out series of videography that is meant to show the world from Bella’s newly opened vampire eyes. The problem I had with it is that while the video is beautiful. They could have shortened it and not lost any of the wonder. They also showed all of this before showing Bella or Edward so it wasn’t clear at first what the point of it was. They also didn’t place as much emphasis on Bella’s gift as a shield as the book did which disappointed me because in the book it was Bella and her gift that leads to Aro’s decision to leave the Cullens alone, but in the movie Bella is not the reason that he changes his mind. (And that is all I can say without giving away the ending of the movie. ;-) )

I do recommend the movie especially if you love the Twilight series. I do not recommend it for children 12 years or younger though. There is some violence and nudity that is inappropriate for young children. It is definitely not a family friendly movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment