Thursday, October 11, 2012

It's Been One of Those Weeks

Have you ever had one of those weeks where it feels like nothing is going right, but at the same time nothing is really going wrong? The small things that happen are irritating, but nothing really terrible. It just all adds up and you end up feeling like everything is wrong.

Well, that has been what this week has been like for me. I started the week upbeat and positive. I am ending the week upbeat and positive, but this week has been a comedy of errors. I had everything planned out for the week, and I tried to stick to the plan. Of course, nothing went as planned.

 My plans for the blog this week included a pork chop recipe, homemade donuts, and a couple of other things. Well, I fixed the pork chop recipe, and it didn't turn out how I expected it to turn out. The recipe called for a can of sweet potatoes or yams. Well, since nobody in my family likes sweet potatoes that well (especially the canned ones). I substituted fresh sweet potatoes. Well, they ended up not cooking in time and I ended up having to add butter and a couple of ingredients that were not in the recipe to add flavor to the sweet potatoes. The recipe made a sauce for pork chops and the sweet potatoes, but following the measurements given I ended up with only about 3 tablespoons of the sauce. Then I realized that I didn't have the camera and couldn't take pictures of it. Not a big deal, right? I can just use my phone. Well....I used up all of the memory on my phone and couldn't take pictures on it either. :-)

Tuesday's plans were cancelled and Wednesday I woke up with a sore throat and sinus infection so the last thing I want to do is cook because I don't want to expose my family and friends to my illness. So there went all of my blog plans for the week.

See!!! Nothing to big or major, but enough to make me feel like I haven't accomplished anything.

But then I read a Facebook post today that made me look at things a little differently. It made wonder what type of troubles I would have had to face if things had gone the way I had planned. Everything happens for a reason and most of the times it seems like the Lord puts things in our way to prevent something from happening or to teach us something. It is really hard to it at times and to be thankful, but that is something that I am working on.

What is something that you are thankful for that didn't seem good at first?

No comments:

Post a Comment