Monday, January 14, 2013

Book of the Week: Trusting God



Trusting God


I admit it! I struggle with trusting God. He is the only one who will never let me down, but I still struggle with it. That is why I loved this devotional. It is an honest and open look at what it means to trust God and to walk in faith. Written by the women of Girlfriends in God, they share stories from their lives and talk openly about what trusting God looks like in their lives and even about their own struggles with trusting God.

The devotional is a twelve week long study. There are devotionals for five days of the week and then on the sixth day it is your turn to reflect on what trusting God looks like in your own life. They ask you some questions to get you to thinking, give you some actions to take, and some Bible verses to reflect upon. They give you practical suggestions to help you build your own faith. They take a look at many different aspects of trusting God, from why should we trust Him to what to do when discouragement hits to stepping out in faith and being obedient to Him.

I can’t wait to go through this devotional again and hopefully with some friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment