Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Fear of God




After yesterday’s post on the key to becoming a woman of noble character, I realized late last night that I needed to talk a little bit more on fearing God.

I don’t want you to misunderstand or be confused, but  I want to share with you fearing God  as I described yesterday…that awe & reverence & clinging to Him…that comes from having a relationship with God. Having a relationship with God comes from believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He bled and died on the cross and that He rose again to cover the costs of our sins. In John 14:6, Jesus says, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” If we say that there is any other way to a relationship with God, then we call Jesus a liar.

But if you don’t believe in Jesus Christ, if you don’t have a relationship with Him, then you do need to FEAR God and by that I do mean be afraid of Him. Be terrified of Him because there is one day coming when you  will stand before and you will be judged. And on that day it will not matter how good that you think you have been because salvation and eternal life cannot be earned. Not a single person that has lived on this earth before Christ or since Christ has lived a life without sin. Romans 3:23 tells us that ALL have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. All of us have sinned and it doesn't matter what the sin is if we don’t believe in Jesus Christ, if we don’t have a relationship with Him, then we have every reason to be afraid of God.  Romans 6:23 tells us that the wages of sin is death—a final and complete death that will separate us from God and our loved ones eternally—but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Do you get it now?

Eternal life is a gift, a present. There is nothing we can do to earn it. All we can do is accept it. Accept that Jesus Christ is who He said He is. Accept that He died for you and for me so that we would not have to pay that final price.

I’m pleading with you now. If you don’t know Christ, be afraid because of the consequences of choosing unbelief. Like every other choice we make there are consequences. Are you prepared to face the consequences of your unbelief?

If you don’t know Christ, if you don’t have a relationship with Him and want to know more about how to have one, message me or find someone you know that has one and let us show you  the path to Him. He loves you and He wants to have a relationship with you. I love you. I wouldn't have shared this message otherwise.

God Bless and I’m praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment