Friday, May 24, 2013

Book of the Week: Five Day in Skye by Carla Laureano

Book of the Week: Five Days in Skye by Carla Laureano



James MacDonald is a world famous chef with several restaurants throughout England, a TV cooking show, and several cookbooks. Now he wants to focus on rebuilding his father’s hotel in Scotland. When his brother calls in Andrea Sullivan’s company which specializes in hospitality consulting, James is reluctant until he meets Andrea.

After defending herself from a client, Andrea Sullivan gives up her Tahiti vacation and goes to Scotland to meet the famous chef James MacDonald to assess his hotel and get his signature on a contract for her company. But she is not prepared for James MacDonald. As James introduces her to his beloved Scotland, she is not prepared for the feelings, desires, and attraction she feels toward him. She is still struggling with past hurts, and the feelings that James evokes scares her.

I don’t know if it is the slight trace of Scottish blood that runs through me, but I have yet to read a story based in Scotland that I haven’t enjoyed. Yet it was more than the Scottish setting though that drew me in. Carla Laureano’s debut novel transported me to a new world. Her writing drew me in with vivid detail about her characters and settings so that I felt like I was there. I couldn’t put it down after I started reading. It is definitely a must read and I look forward to reading other books by Carla Laureano.

















No comments:

Post a Comment