Thursday, May 30, 2013

Learning to Dance in the Rain



It’s raining. It’s pouring…

I look outside the window, and the weather seems to match my mood. It is gray and dreary. Rain is pouring down. Lightning is flashing. Thunder is booming. And I just stand there wishing that the sun would come out.

How often do I do that? How often do I wish away what is right in front of me?

I look at the past and see nothing but the heartbreaks and struggles or look at the future and wish and hope instead of living in the present.

Living in the present…being present in the now…

So as I am looking out at the rain pouring down, I think about how as a child I used to love to dance in the rain. I started wondering when I forgot the good things that the rain brings with it…the flowers, the crops in the field, the vegetables and herbs growing in the garden…

As I think about these things, I start feeling grateful…

My mood brightens…

I smile…

And then I go outside and I dance in the rain.

It is all a matter of perspective. Are you looking at the negative or the positive? Do you feel grateful for what you have, for those little gifts that God has given? Or are you taking it all for granted?

The key to learning to dance in the rain is learning to be grateful for what you have in the now.



No comments:

Post a Comment