Friday, November 30, 2012

I Am...

I wrote this a few months ago when I was feeling depressed and very invisible. Sometimes I still feel this way. For anyone who feels this way I just want you to know that you are not alone and you are not invisible. God is always with you and He always sees you.

I am the wallflower.
I am invisible.
I am the one is there, but not seen.
I am the "sweet" one, the one who everybody "likes" but nobody ever remembers to include.
I am the one who is expected to change my schedule and bend my wants and needs to accommodate others, but no one takes the time to accommodate me.
I am quietly sitting in the corner waiting to be noticed.
I am easily forgotten, the last on people's list.
I am the afterthought.
I am the one who works quietly in the background, who is only noticed when something goes wrong.
I am the shy one.
I am the quiet one.
I am the "goody-goody" that nobody likes.
I am the child who nobody loves.
I am the voice you hear crying in the night.
I am the silent one.
I am the reserved one.
I am the one who is afraid to make waves.
I am the one who is afraid to push in.
I am the one who cries when no one is watching.
I am caged, trapped by my own fears.
I am disabled.
I am challenged.
I am different from you.
I am the one who doesn't act like you want.
I am the one who doesn't say the right things.
I am struggling to speak.
I am struggling to be.
I am hurting.
I am aching.
I am ignored.
I am not noticed.
I am lost.
I am broken.
I am human.
I am capable of great love.
I am gifted.
I am talented.
I am unique.
I am an individual.
I am passionate.
I am a princess.
I am happy.
I am alive.
I am loved.
I am a daughter.
I am a sister.
I am strong.
I am intelligent.
I am capable.
I am an aunt.
I am a mother.
I am special.
I am the one who sees the best in others even when I can't see the best in me.
I am accepted.
I am known.
I am seen.
I am the one who Christ died for.
I am the one who has been forgiven much.
I am a daughter of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment