Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Why the BarnPrincess?


Well, I’ve taken the time to introduce myself. I’ve supplied you with a few recipes and a couple of books and devotions, but I’ve never taken the time to explain the name BarnPrincess. Well, the barn part comes from my love of barns…I love the smell, the atmosphere, etc. Older barns are the best. I’ve lived in a barn on the second story. We built the barn with an apartment. I would like to restore a barn one day and have even thought about what it would take to remodel an old barn or stable into a functional home. While I would not say that I am obsessed with barns, they are one of my favorite things and growing up they were where I spent a good deal of my time.

The princess part comes from the fact that I used to tell everyone that I am a princess. I truly believe that all women and girls are princesses, but I usually tell people that I am a princess because I am a daughter of the King of kings. I was adopted into His family and that makes me a princess. This is something that I used to share with the teen girls that I used to work with. I also wanted to teach them (and I’m never sure if I got it across) that being a princess and acting like a princess doesn’t mean that we are divas and need to have our own way, but rather being a godly princess means putting aside our own wants and desires and living the life that our Heavenly Father has laid out for us to live. It means loving others and treating them the way that we want to be treated.

Because of these two things, my family starting teasing me and calling me the BarnPrincess and it stuck…All glorious is the princess in her chamber—even if it is a barn. J

No comments:

Post a Comment