Monday, February 11, 2013

A Valentine's Challenge for Singles


A Valentine’s Challenge for Singles




Having been single on almost every Valentine's day of my adult life, I have mixed feelings about Valentine's day. On one hand, I love it because it celebrates love. On the other hand, I don't like it because it celebrates love and I don't have a special someone to share it with.

This year I have decided to embrace Valentine's Day as a single person. This year I have decided that even though I don't have a special someone in my life I can still celebrate Valentine's day. This year I am challenging myself and you to celebrate Valentine's Day in three different ways.

Challenge 1: Love God
Find someway to say to the Lord that you love Him. Celebrate your love for the Lord. Put on praise music and sing praises all day long. Set aside one day to just spend the day with Him (reading your Bible, praying, singing, etc).

Challenge 2: Love yourself
Spend some time this week doing something you love that you don't make time for anymore. Just spend some time doing something that makes you happy. For me, it might be sitting down and reading a good book, taking a bubble bath, or going horseback riding. What do you love to do that you haven't made time for lately?

Challenge 3: Love others
        Spend some time this week showing other people that they are loved. Do random acts of kindness through out the week. Do something special with your nieces and nephews. Take a friend out to lunch. Take your mother to get her nails done. Take your dad to a ballgame.Find someway to show others that you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment