Monday, February 4, 2013

It’s Been a Challenging Couple of Weeks


The last couple of weeks have been really challenging to me for a number of reasons, but the main one has been my health. It seems like every time I turn around lately I end up with a cold or sinus infection or migraine or just not feeling good. Nothing seriously wrong, but it has been enough that I know that I need to work on getting my health act together. (Actually, I have already started on that.)

Now I am not sharing all of this in order to complain but to more or less explain why I have posted hardly anything for the last couple of weeks. Although my health in and of itself wasn’t a deterrent when combined with the fact that I’m staying with my grandmother as her caregiver for a couple of months until we can get her moved in with my parents and that she doesn’t have Internet service at her apartment. Well, you can see why it has been challenging for me to post anything.

All of the challenges that I have experienced in the last couple of weeks has made me question whether or not I am even supposed to have the blog. I have been wondering if the Lord has been telling me that I’m not supposed to be doing this or if there is another reason that I have been experiencing challenges.

To be honest, I’m still not sure, but I have been thinking about my reasons for starting the blog and my reasons are still there so I’m going to continue to write and I’m going to let the Lord work out the challenges that I have been having with my health and lack of Internet service.

The main reason that I started the blog was to be a voice for the Lord and to share some of my favorite things like crafts, cooking, and books. The longer that I blog, the more that I have realized that there are actually few Christian blogs for single women that don’t focus on dating. I want this blog to be for all Christian women, but mainly for Christian singles. I want to develop this blog as a community where we can focus on our individual relationships with Christ and where we can relax and enjoy each other as sisters in Christ. I want us to have fun cooking together and crafting together. I want us to build relationships with each other and become support for each other as we travel through life.

Now I don’t have all the answers for all of life’s questions, but I know the One who does and I am praying that this blog be used for His honor and glory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment