Monday, June 3, 2013

Book of the Week: It is Finished by David Wilkerson



“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.
The old has passed away:
Behold, the new has come.”
-2 Corinthians 5:17

Do you struggle with the idea that you are a new creation in Christ? Do you want to experience true freedom in Christ, but struggle with the flesh? You are not alone. If you are tired of the ups and downs, the guilt, and the feelings of helpless that come with struggling with your sin, read this book.

In It is Finished, David Wilkerson presents the concept of the New Covenant and he makes it accessible to all believers. He shows how through the New Covenant we can become free from life-controlling sins through the power of the Holy Spirit. He clearly lays out what the New Covenant is and how we can draw on it and the power of the Holy Spirit, how all we have to do is ask and believe. Through the power of the New Covenant we are able to experience true transformation and we will become new creations.

If you don’t want to be convicted, don’t read this book. I was in tears at points as the Lord used this book to open my eyes to areas that I struggle with and my feelings of hopelessness and guilt. At times, I felt like David Wilkerson had stepped into my life and was writing about me. The way he described the place of nothingness that most if not all Christians come to at some point in their life felt so personal to me. It was if he was seeing straight into my life right now and writing about it. This book is a powerful tool of the Lord’s, and I was blessed through the reading of this book.

Thank you to Chosen for my copy of this book. I was glad to have the chance to read it and review it.



David Wilkerson

David Wilkerson (1931-2011) was the founder of Teen Challenge and World Challenge and longtime senior pastor of Times Square Church. He authored more than thirty books, including the bestselling The Cross and the Switchbladeand Knowing God by Name. He ministered to people worldwide, and on the day of his death, he was still ministering.

No comments:

Post a Comment