Friday, June 7, 2013

Grandma Mills' Barbecued Beefburgers



I realized recently that I haven't posted a recipe for a while. As I was trying to decide which recipe to use, I remembered this recipe. It is a recipe that I found in my great-grandmother's recipe notebook.

The original recipe turned out a little vinegary to me so I adjusted the recipe by adding 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.

BARBECUED BEEFBURGERS

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup ketchup
6 tablespoons vinegar
3 tablespoons minced onion
1 1/2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce

Add 1 tsp salt to 1 1/2 lbs beef. Form it into 6 patties. Heat skillet over medium heat. Arrange beefburgers in it. Sauté them until golden brown on underside; then turn and brown on other side.

While the meat is browning, stir together in a 2-cup measuring cup or a bowl, ketchup, vinegar, onion, and Worchestershire sauce. Drain all fat from skillet; then add this barbecued sauce to browned meat.

After adding the sauce, cover the skillet and let the beefburgers simmer over lo heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until of desired rareness, basting meat occasionally. When done arrange beefburgers on a hot platter with sauce poured over and around them.
















No comments:

Post a Comment